The Caraniche Graduate Clinic was established in 2003 to train, mentor and supervise postgraduate psychology students from Victorian universities. The Caraniche Graduate Clinic It is regarded as a highly professional, reliable and sought-after centre for learning and developing the depth and breadth of skills essential to psychological practice. Students in the Graduate Clinic have an opportunity to work with a broad range of clients presenting with a variety of issues, such as substance use, offending, relationship dysfunction, depression, anxiety and trauma. Through this wide exposure to psychological practice, combined with weekly supervision and the informal feedback derived from involvement in a staff team, Caraniche provides students with fertile ground for learning.
At any one time, there are up to 11 students placed in Caraniche locations across Victoria with a total of 20 students completing placements throughout any one year.
· Deakin University Doctorate of Forensic Psychology program
· Ballarat University Master of Clinical Psychology program
· Australian Catholic University Master of Clinical Psychology Program
· Swinburne University Master of Counselling Psychology Program
· La Trobe University Master of Counselling Psychology
· Victoria University Doctor of Clinical Psychology
· RMIT Master of Clinical Psychology.
In early 2012, the Graduate Clinic extended its role into the new AOD services in Whittlesea and Craigieburn.